Why I switched to C# (or How I Became Darth Vader)

Made the decision to switch to C# recently. The main reason: I got tired of finding code written in C# and then having to convert it to VB. It really wasn't that painful except when I'd forget the parenthesis that VB so nicely takes care of (this should be the first thing you check when you get an error). Maybe it's just because it's new but I actually like it better in most respects.

If you're going to make the same switch, here's some resources:

Julia Lerman's talk on C# for VB Developers

C# Essentials, 2nd Edition is a great book that assumes you are an experienced developer and quickly shows all of the basic functionality you need.

Technorati Tags: ,,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Legacy Apps to the New SimpleMembership Provider

Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts

Get Asp.Net Profile properties from Sql